Well, here it is...my first problem with the homeowner assoc. are you surprised it took so long, lol?! Basically they are saying we can't have our basketball hoop out front. Well, it can be out front, while it's in use anyway. what a freakin' joke!!
Are they kidding me-I mean really, is this all they have to worry about? My kids actually go out & play several times a day, I'm not haulin' that thing in & out of my garage 20 times a day just so some cranky bitch doesn't have to look at it when she happens drives by. Get a life lady!
This is EXACTLY why I had avoided living in a subdivision until now. I just can't deal with all the petty little crap every day! I have kids-kids that play outside, there are going to be toys, bikes, scooters, basketballs, jumpropes & more out on my front lawn from time to time. This doesn't mean my house is going to look like the local landfill, it means my kids are outside living, being kids, playing with the other neighorbhood kids-NORMAL STUFF!!!
Give me a break people, I have a life & plenty to deal with without you obsessing about a basketball hoop. Dan will email or call them today & basically tell them to stick it, the hoop stays. :o)
9 comments:
Ah, homeowner's associations. I have a total love-hate relationship with them.
On one hand, they keep our subdivision looking nice and non-trashy. They allow our property values to continue to rise. It avoids crazy asses who park cars on their lawns. It restricts people from painting their driveway or adding a balcony outside their bedroom with indoor spindels. People are really nutty.
However, I have also been the target of many-a-letters. Not here, yet, but in my old SD in Oceanside. I got letters for Xmas lights up into January (gasp!), weeds in my grass, garage door being left open, bikes by the front door, the need for blinds QUICKER when we first moved in, dog/music noise, and so on and so on and so on. They drove us absolutely up a friggin wall.
Good luck with the whole basketball hoop thing...lol...you tell em Chuck how inconvenient it is to haul that thing in every minute...maybe just at night or something? LOL. Of course, they can also be quite nasty too...putting liens on your property after too many "reminders", etc. GOOD TIMES.
Welcome to suburbia...
what's a homeowner's association?
LOL... JK!
Be a rebel I tell you... be a rebel!
Gasp....my ears! Rule Followers Rule...hee hee.
you are not alone...i hate our homeowners association too. we got a letter because we had a few dandilions in our yard...please, isn't there world peace to take care of.
I am actually quite surprised that it has, in fact, taken this long for you to rec'v your first (of many!?) letter(s) from the "Association" (sounds rather Soprano-like!?) I say Keep the Basketball Hoop - in fact,cement it in... who needs a portable one, really?! Because, ya know, if it is PORTABLE then it's possible for you to move it in and out, back and forth!?
Go, Dan, Go!!! Beat the opponent ...soundly!!!
(Keep us posted!)
~Karrilee~
umm... hello, I think it time for an update!
Now get on with it...
ummm..... hello?
I think we need an update here.
Geesh give us some lryics or something!
Darcie!!!
For the love of God... PLEASE update!
are you ever going to get that computer/internet at your house up and friggin running?!?!?!? COME ON CHUCK! MAKE IT HAPPEN...that way you can update a tad bit more regularly, perhaps!
Post a Comment