CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 02, 2008

make it & bake it & shutterfly

I know, what do these have in common?
Since the kids have no school today & it's kinda a Seattle, grey sky's, almost raining kind of day I got into the craft drawer. Chloe is gone babysitting, Emma is in her room reading (by choice!) and Ashlyn has her friend over. I had a make it & bake it keychain kit, so I thought I would let the little girls do that. Now, since my oven completely sucks at times they are taking about three times the recommended amount of time to bake-melt you little plastic pieces, MELT! The girls are getting anxious waiting for their little shiny sponge bob & patrick creations to be ready (10-20 minutes my ass, we are going on 40 minutes now!). So, they have now gotten out the umbrella's and are playing babies in the back yard-yippee. Not that they "need" umbrella's but the chance that it might actually drizzle has inspired them to drag out umbrella's none the less.
While I wait for plastic to melt, I have been trying to order pictures from shutterfly. Easy enough, right?! Yeah, not so much. I got two of the codes from archivers to get 50 free prints. First, for some reason, you have to go to the shutterfly site through the archivers link, which had NONE of my pictures. I have a shutterfly account, it has thousands of pictures, but apparently this is some special account through archivers & they have none of my uploaded pictures. Here's the lowdown~
1. re-upload you pictures. yes, this will actually take a long time because it's different from the regualr shutterfly.
2. try to apply special offer code. no, of course it doesn't work! email cust. service & try to figure it out.
3. wait three business days before getting a reply. they now need a copy of the email from archivers, including the exact code.
4. reply, sending required info, ask about second code as well since it didn't work either. never get answer to this question.
5. get reply, my account has been credited & I can now order.
6. or so I thought. N matter what I did, it kept adding ALL my photos to my order & made them glossy (which I didn't want). After FIVE attempts, it finally get's my order right, with only the 50 free prints. After S&H charges my free prints cost me $3.05, not shabby I guess. The headache the whole ordeal to get the free prints cost me about $15 in tylenol, lol.
So there ya are, my story for the day. Sponge Bob & Patrick are finally melted & out of the oven, the kids finally ate some lunch & I managed to get all 100 of my "free" picturs ordered. Not that I ever get a chance to scrap anymore, so they wil likely be kept in their envelope, stacked with the others. :O)

4 comments:

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Sounds like a nice day - well, other than all of the Shutterfly hassle?! Oh - and btw - while you were leaving me MORE smack, I was updating?! Smarty pants?!
~K~

Anonymous said...

Ah, the day may not be sunshine and roses, but you Ms. Chuck, are the ray of friggin sunshine wrapped up in bacon and stuck with a toothpick! You are lollipops stuck inside the rainbow, that's what you are!

All day and headaches for fifty free photos. I think you are a nuttier than a "MonKey Carrying A Banana To The Flamingo Riding A Unicorn To The Sun". But, I love your kind of crazy!!! LOL.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain sista'

Anonymous said...

ha ha na, wrapped in bacon-I LOOOVE bacon! :o)