Where to begin?! I feel like I've been gone forever!
I guess I'll start with recovery. I am doing good, very tired still but trying not to nap during the day so I sleep better at night. I roll over onto my stomach at night & it wakes me up-ouch. I had my post-op appointment with surgeon #1 yesterday. He's the one that took my appendix & said everything is looking good as far as healing, the one incision that's been bothering me is fine, he said that's the spot where they cut through the most tissue, so it will be sore the longest. I probably have about one more week of taking it easy before I'm back up to full speed. He also told me that my tumor only had hair-no other parts. I told him you would all be disappointed, lol. I go see my other surgeon in a few weeks & am epecting that appointment to go well too.
Okay, onto happier things-Billy Joel. I made it, I got to go! It was freezing outside waiting to get in after we picked up our tickets, and I was wearing a velvet skirt since I can't wear any pants with a real waist yet. The concert was fabulous, and we wound up having some of the better seats in the house! The stage was at one end of the arena & we were directly behind center stage, with no one sitting on either side of us (a miracle I think!). We actually wound up with better seats that all the unlucky people that paid hundreds of dollars to have floor seating & ended up way far away from the stage. The piano was on a rotating platform, so he would be facing one side of the arena for a while then it would turn & he'd face the other side, so we had a side view the whole time & it was great-much better than what we were expecting. Here are some tidbits about the performance~
*he put on a BSU hat when he sang "Big Shot"
*his guitar roadie of 25 years "chainsaw" came out to preform a song for us. Billy introduced him & said he aways let's him preform a spiritual at every show since he's been with him so long, and we'll really like it, but if we don't "just boo his ass off stage" LOL. So Chainsaw comes out & ROCKS out with highway to hell, Billy joined in on guitar & it was hilarious!! Not exactly what I expected to see at a Billy Joel concert. Chainsaw even spit a bottle full of water out onto the audience (eww).
*other songs he did were "Zanzibar", "New York State of Mind" and one of my fave's "Movin' Out" He didn't do "keeping the faith" and I was sad, but overall the whole show was fabulous
*his first encore was "Only the good die young" another one of my favorites
*final encore was of course "Piano man" and then they broke that whole stage & lighting set up down in about 30 minutes! We sat & watched that too, because I was afraid I would accidentally get pushed or bumped by the mass of people leaving & that would have hurt.
I got a few pictures, but since we weren't allowed to use a flash they really didn't turn out so well. I have a few prints where I can show you Billy, but not much really. I got them on a disk & am hoping to be able to spruce them up a little. Emma has really been wanting to learn piano, and I told Dan I will sign her up for lessons & make her learn the whole Billy Joel catalog, lol. :op
I have been getting my Christmas shopping done a little at a time, still trying to find a few things though. I had ordered a few things onine & two packages have showed up so far-yippee! I'll have to start wrapping very soon, I'm running out f good hiding spots. I'm almost done with the mops tea towels now-two to go by Monday! I finished the calendar for Dan's mom & bought the album to give along with it, so I'll be getting stuff ready to mail soon too. Oh, speaking of mail, I got my first Christmas card this week-Pork you were first this year, congrats, lol!!! Hopefuly I will send out my store bought, non-fancy but cheap cards soon. :op
I realized that I won't be day after thanksgiving shopping for the next two years either, next year we're planning to be at Disney (hopefully a surprise for the girls) and the year after we're meeting Dan's dad & step-mom in Hawaii. Then I just found out yesterday that Dan's office is having some conference in Hawaii (this year) the first week of April, so I will get to tag along for that too!! It will be my first time going, so I'm really looking forward to it & searching out a babysitter to come stay at the house now. I think that's all my excitement for now, back to work on the tea towels...
Thursday, November 29, 2007
finally an update!
Posted by The Beeler Family at 2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glad you are feeling better.
Billy sounds like it rocked! Super cool to get such great seats!!!
Ah Christmas shopping... good times!
You are so funny... are you sad that you won't be able to go after t-giving shopping? I think a vacation is a much better way to spend the day after thanksgiving! That totally rocks.
Hey, have you heard about my vacation!? I am super excited. Go check it out. It's a hoot.
I think I am going to Italy in 2010 and Tahiti in 2017 and I think I am inked for England in 2034, but we'll have to see about that one...keep your fingers crossed.
Na
I'll be in Nampa later this month. That's about how extensive my travels take me...
Glad you're starting to feel better!
Hello!? Step away from the tea towels and feed us something good here?! We need an update?!
I talked with Dave about this summer... we are planning a trip to Nashville in the Spring - so we are not sure beyond that... but it sounds good... we'll talk soon!
Glad you are feeling better...
Love ya!
~K~
OK, you getting a little behind over there. It is December now...time to update!
Ummm.... I think that perhaps it is time for an update?
What you been up too?
Post a Comment