CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 11, 2007

*fine*

Since it is na's new favorite word, I have titled this post "fine"...
as in "fine" I will update today even though I'm tired
"fine" I will share my new bit of gardening knowledge with you
"fine" I get it, you love gay music (you must be stopped), LOL

So, I've had sick kiddo's off and on for the last week it seems, Chloe with that mystery fever, then I got a horrible head cold. Lucky me, my doctor rocks & understands the need for a mom of 3 to get adequate sleep-he gave me some narcotic cough syrup. It worked, but if you can imagine, it tasted like extremely bitter glue. Ewwwwww! Then Ashlyn threw up a couple times Friday night, was just laying around, kinda out of it all day Saturday, but is fine now. Emma's been ok, just get's her usual tired & cranky, but no actual illness thankfully.

Saturday was a busy, busy day, I went to a parenting seminar in the morning that was fabulous, picked up a couple new books that looked fun (activities with kids books). Then it was off to na's for Nicole's baby shower. I'm sure there wil be pic's on their blogs, I didn't take any, but we had soem fun with the "dirty" diapers, lol. It was a really nice shower, relaxing & fun, Nicole looks adorable & I can't wait to meet baby Finley! Thanks for hosting Corinna & Natalie, you did great!! I was supposed to meet my family for church after the shower, but ended up staying home with Ashlyn since she was sick. We watched some movies & just hung out, which was nice.

Today we went to the home show, which was almost a total bust, but I did run into some master gardeners that gave me some tips on growing the ever elusive CARROTS! I knw na would be excited to get some inside information, so I picked their brains a little. The was a lady sitting there, putting little seeds in between layers of toilet paper. Well, I had to know what she was doing, lol! She had a mix of water & cornstarch and was putting little dot's onto the tp & then placing one seed on each dot. One square would have 5 seeds, the next square would have 4 seeds & it just alternated like that so they were well spaced out. Then she put the other layer of tp on top of the seeds, to seal them in. She was using 2-ply and had just seperated the layers.

She told me that you have to keep them moist constantly, and you just put the tp on your garden soil, then covered it very lightly with peat moss, or a little heavier with grass clippings. Carrots aren't very strong, so they have a hard time coming up through the soil, they can push up easier through the peat moss or grass clippings-and make sure the garden soil is well areated & loose when you put the paper down. She told me she will put her seeds out in early may, that a light frost won't bother them at all, just keep them moist! They also told me that you can set new seed "strips" out again in June & have carrots all summer long. I hope this helps you na, maybe you can grow carrots!!

Now you're all caught up, except for a few little juicy bit's about my late night shopping habits, LOL!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINE! YEAH sure FINE!
Carrots... umm... ok.
yeah, maybe bucket needs a garden?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the gardening tips.....um, don't have a garden but just love to hear in detail how to grow carrots!!!! Glad to hear the kids are feeling better. Nothing worse than sick kids! Hope you're on the mend too.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one missing church on Saturday, I won't be going to hell alone!LOL!

Anonymous said...

Chubby Checker
THE TWIST

Come on baby let's do the twist
Come on baby let's do the twist
Take me by my little hand and go like this
Ee-oh twist baby baby twist
Oooh-yeah just like this
Come on little miss and do the twist

My daddy is sleepin' and mama ain't around
Yeah daddy is sleepin' and mama ain't around
We're gonna twisty twisty twisty
'Til we turn the house down
Come on and twist yeah baby twist
Oooh-yeah just like this
Come on little miss and do the twist

Yeah you should see my little Sis
You should see my my little Sis
She really knows how to rock
She knows how to twist
Come on and twist yeah baby twist
Oooh-yeah just like this
Come on little miss and do the twist
Yeah rock on now
Yeah twist on now
Twist.

Anonymous said...

you guys are so funny!

Anonymous said...

Barbra Streisand - Get Happy / Happy Days Are Here Again Lyrics
[Judy:]
Forget your troubles

[Barbra:]
Happy days

[Judy:]
Come on get happy

[Barbra:]
Are here again

[Judy:]
You better chase all your cares away

[Barbra:]
The skies above are clear again

[Judy:]
Shout Hallelujah

[Barbra:]
So let's sing a song

[Judy:]
Come on get happy

[Barbra:]
Of cheer again

[Judy:]
Get ready for the Judgment Day

[Barbra:]
Happy days are here again

[Judy:]
The sun is shining

[Barbra:]
All together

[Judy:]
Come on get happy

[Barbra:]
Shout it now

[Judy:]
The Lord is waiting to take your hand

[Barbra:]
There's no one who can doubt it now

[Judy:]
Shout Hallelujah

[Barbra:]
So let's tell the world

[Judy:]
And just get happy

[Barbra:]
About it now

[Judy:]
We're going to the Promised Land

[Barbra:]
Happy days are here again

[Judy:]
We're heading cross a river
Soon your cares will all be gone

[Barbra:]
There'll be no more from now on

[Both:]
From now on!

[Judy:]
Forget your troubles

[Barbra:]
Happy days

[Judy:]
And just get happy

[Barbra:]
Are here again

[Judy:]
You better chase all your blues away

[Barbra:]
The skies above are clear again

[Judy:]
Shout Hallelujah

[Barbra:]
So let's sing a song

[Judy:]
And just get happy

[Barbra:]
Of cheer again
Happy times

[Judy:]
Happy times

[Barbra:]
Happy nights

[Judy:]
Happy nights

[Both:]
Happy days are here again...

Anonymous said...

Artist: England Dan And John Ford Coley
Song: We'Ll Never Have To Say Goodbye Again
Album:
[" " CD]

Turn on the radio
We'll play it way down low
There's a tear in your eye
That's reflecting the fire's glow
And I wish that this night would never end
The sun ain't gonna be my friend
Lying here awaiting here
And wishing I knew when
We'll never have to say goodbye again.
We'll never have to say goodbye again.

You must leave, I know you will
I won't let you go until
You show me the secret
For making this time stand still
And somewhere sometime from now
Together again somehow
All of the waiting will seem
Like a moment and then
We'll never have to say goodbye again
We'll never have to say goodbye again

The whole night afraid to see the light
And the whole day crying
Wishing I knew when
We'll never have to say goodbye again
We'll never have to say goodbye again

Anonymous said...

1. Are you saying that the carrot seeds need to be placed on toilet paper? I'm kinda confused. Did they say that carrots are indeed difficult to grow??! That would make me feel better. So, they put the seeds out in the garden in early May?! What about starting seeds indoors...when should that be done? So many questions and honestly I don't feel any more garden-ready than I felt last year!
2. I missed the blue and gold banquet in lieu of listening to the rain, popping popcorn and watching Barbie's Rapunzel for the 246th time. Thirty lashes. My bad. But, thanks Pork for taking pictures of my son!!! LOL.
3. Thank goodness all is sounding better at your house...it would be TRAGIC to miss out on bagels on Monday morning!
4. Because MORE LYRICS are required.

L.I.A.R. Lyrics
Artist: REO Speedwagon
Album: Second Decade of Rock & Roll
A man once said love is all you need
And if not right he was close indeed
It won't pay the rent
Won't buy your shoes
But it's time well spent if it keeps away the blues
It won't turn the tide or stop the rain
And deep down inside there might be a little pain
But you still go through it
Cause it gets you through the night
Cause when you get down to it love is all right
Love is all right
Love is all right
Oh, love is all right

When your girl walks out you just want her back
You got to have her now and that's a fact Jack
Cause as big and bad and mean as you are
You can't watch you're woman in another man's car
You wanna keep that girl in you're passenger seat
You wanna find her groove, wanna keep her beat
So if you have to do it, you're ready to fight
Cause when you get down to it love is all right

Anonymous said...

OK, this isn't gay, is it?? The White Stripes??!?! LOL.

The White Stripes - The Hardest Button To Button Lyrics


We started living in an old house
My ma gave birth and we were checking it out
It was a baby boy
So we bought him a toy
It was a ray gun
And it was 1981

We named him "Baby"
He had a toothache
He started crying
It sounded like an earthquake
It didn't last long
Because I stopped it
I grabbed a rag doll
And stuck some little pins in it

Now we're a family
And we're alright now
We got some money and a little place
To fight now
We don't know you
And we don't owe you
But if you see us around
I got something else to show you

Now it's easy when you don't know better
You think it's sleazy?
Then put it in a short letter
We keep warm
But there's just something wrong with you
Just feel like you're the hardest little button to button

I had opinions
That didn't matter
I had a brain
That felt like pancake batter
I got a backyard
With nothing in it
Except a stick
A dog
And a box with something in it

The hardest button to button (Repeat 11x)

Anonymous said...

DON'T FALL IN LOVE WITH A DREAMER
Kenny Rogers

Just look at you sitting there
You never looked better than tonight
And it'd be so easy to tell you I'd stay
Like I've done so many times
I was so sure this would be the night
You'd close the door
And wanna stay with me
And it'd be so easy
To tell you I'd stay
Like I've done so many times

Don't fall in love with a dreamer
Because he'll always take you in
Just when you think
You've really changed him
He'll leave you again
Don't fall in love with a dreamer
Because he'll break you every time

So put out the light and just hold on
Before we say goodbye
Now it's morning
and the phone rings and ya say
You gotta get your things together
You just gotta leave
Before you change your mind
And if you knew
What I was thinking girl, I'd turn around
If you'd just ask me one more time
Don't fall in love with a dreamer
Because he'll always take you in
Just when you think
You've really changed him
He'll leave you again
Don't fall in love with a dreamer
Because he'll break you every time
so put out the light and just hold on
Before we say goodbye

The Beeler Family said...

oh my hell, you guys are as bad as me witht eh freakin' lyrics, LOL!!!!