CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 14, 2007

nine random things

1. More problems at school, Chloe was sent to the vice principals office this week for "being in possesion of stolen property". She had to miss math class & therfore missed learning the new concept & couldn't figure out her homework. Grrrr. Long story short, a boy "found" some things, asked if she knew who they belonged too, she did & took them to give to her friend. The boy had stolen them from her friend. Chloe had to write a statement about what happened & a apology letter to her friend. The boy didn't have to write a apology letter to Chloe though. Yeah, that makes sense?!

2. If you have a blog, why only update once a month or less? Lot's of people do this & I don't get it. If you don't want to blog-don't, just delete it! I mean I'm obvisouly not super consistent about updating, but I try to put something out there, lol. I love getting my random thoughts down, clears out my mind, gives me some new perspective. And then there's the lyrics I get to post, more coming today, LOL!

3. I hate snow. We got more of it overnight & the church across the street had a snowplow scraping the pavement at 7:00 this morning. Like that was really necessary for the 1/4 inch of snow that was there...It was hideously loud, woke up everyone in my house (and a lot of the other neighbors I'm sure). They could have just usde a little sand or snow melter & been totally fine. Not the first time this has happened, last time it was at 4:00AM, on a week day, only two cars in the parking lot all day..... I guess 7:00 is a little better, but still, have a little conserdation for the neighborhood.

4. Got pictures from my friend Kim up in WA today. They have had a experience similar to ours, a truck drove through their new fence! Thankfully no one was hurt & they missed the house, but what a mess. They worked really hard building the fence themselves, so I'm sure it's difficult to see a lot of it torn apart now. Ice on the roads in the Seattle area is not good...

5. I hate letting Oreo out in the snow. Her paws get all clumped up with snow & ice because she loves to play in it, and then we have to crate her until she's dry again. She's having to spend a lot of time in the crate right now & I feel bad for her.

6. I have problems with things that start with letter "W". Wal-mart, winter, Winco, you know there are many more, lol!

7. I recently read somewhere that it's better to use a gel pen when writing checks. I guess the ink is almost impossible to "wash" off the check, which would normally give the thief a blank check to use. Wonder if it's really true. I like to use gel pens anyway, more funner colors & they are soooo smooth. :o)

8. I have two baby showers today, both are open houses, from 3-5:00. When did people start having an "open house" for a baby shower? This idea just seems a little odd to me, like come between 3 & 5 and drop off your gift. I guess I am just a traditional style party person?!

9. I have a plan to completely re-arrange the rooms in my house! I'm really excited, lot's of fun ideas for the rooms, all the girls will go upstairs now, and I think we're going to put a walk-in closet downstairs in our new room. it's going to take a long time to do, it's a ton of work & we are planning a BIG vacation this year, so money is really tight. We won't do a lot of building or anything, but every room will get new paint & we may do the flooring in two rooms downstairs. When I pack the rooms to move them I will be able to get rid of a TON of junk too, so I'm excited about that idea as well. Starting fresh, a good feeling.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!! I love that you updated! YAY! something to read, not that I couldn't read my book or look at a scrap mag.... but reading blogs can be funner... Yes?

Now to actually comment on your entry, gosh were to start.
First I suppose I will say, you are a true rebel at heart... 9 random things... no even, keep up with the Jones for you, always marching to the beat of your own drummer... that is why I love yous so!
1. OK, that is just a totally bummer about Chloe... I just don't get it... sounds like Chloe didn't do anything wrong and yet she gets to apologize? I suppose it is a good lesson that life isn't fair, but geeze... Have they truly gone to seeing things black and white, have they completely stopped looking at these things based on the people involved and the situation? RRRRRRRRRR... perhaps middle school is a complete waste of time.
2. Here is what annoys me worse then people not updating... Even on a semi regular basis... It is the excuses... "A week already?", "I'm still here", "Sorry,I'll do better!", "I've been so busy!!!"
OK, first off... Don't make excuses... they look lame.
I think the reason people don't update "regularly" is because they feel like they don't have anything to say... I think that, because for me that was one of the reasons it took me a while to get a blog... I would think I had nothing to say, or that no one would want to hear what I had to say... then I decided that... It was my blog... And it didn't matter what I said... People that read, read for a multitude of reasons... Some are just "stokers", some are bored, some find solace in knowing they aren't alone in similar feelings and some really care. I know I read for all of those reasons. But non the less, I am with you... If you are not going to update on some what of a regular basis... what's the point.
3. I wonder why they are plowing? WOW.... seems a bit extreme for the amount of snow we actually have? Must be an over zealous member... as I know the church it self would not do something like that or in my experience I have never heard of such a crazy thing!
Sorry it woke you.
4. WOW... sorry to hear that about your friend. Glad that everyone was ok though.
5.Yeah, I don't like Skippy to get out in the snow either.
6. Watermelon? good, yes? See... there is a sunny side. (wink)
7. I have also heard that about gel pens... I agree gel pens are "funner" just like you!
8. Open house baby shower...hmmm... never heard of that... when do they play cheese toilet paper games?
9. I am excited for you about your new plan too! It will be fun and when you are done... It will be FABULOUS!
I too will end odd.... rotf... how fitting is that!

Anonymous said...

Umm.... yes, I was looking for Mrs. Brady?
ROTFLMBO!

Anonymous said...

What about Winnebago's and Walrus's??

The Beeler Family said...

Yes, I like watermelon, no to the winnebagos & walrus's, LOL!

Anonymous said...

First off, nine?!? Hello? Odd numbers = bad luck for seven years or something like that.

1. Chloe?!? How could something like that even happen...! Boys!
2. I think with the blog thing people are either "pressured" into having one or they "think" it will be fun or hip to have a blog...but, the reality is that once the initial thrill of it wears off, they fade. I think you need to have a blog because you are interested in keeping your friends and family, let's say, up to date...and/or if you are wanting to use it as a journal of your life. Otherwise, give it up. Oh, the blogs that title their entries: "I'm still here" or "Still here" or, "Wow, it's been a week already?" or "it's been a month already?" or, my absolute favorite: "I'm such a bad blogger". Yes, thirty lashes with a wet noodle to all the blog flakes out there! You know who you are! HEE HEE.
3. Snow. Do I even need to say anything about it? I LOVE it when I can watch it safely and comfortably from my home. Period. Don't put me on the roads in that stuff. Snow Is Deadly. People just don't talk about it. Deadly, I say! DEADLY.
4. The weather this season is funky all over the damn place! Those poor people in Seattle! I am glad that your friend is OK...
5. Dogs. Hmfp. Snow, dirt, mud, water...all bad.
6. What about Wickie?
7. Perhaps you should step into the twenty-first century and stop using checks. Do people actually write checks still? Gel pens! That's funny...very thirteen. Cute. Really. Paying your mortgage with a sparkly purple gel pen.
8. An open house baby shower???? Whatever happened to the fun little poopy games and dozens of onesies? Lost, I'm afraid. Out the door with checks. Damn change.
9. Sounds exciting. Paint. Remodeling. Changing rooms. If only you hadn't stopped at nine....
10. See you tomorrow my friend. I've missed you and can hardly wait for bagels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, didn't that feel better, ending on 10?

Anonymous said...

Ok, in my defense, and since I'm just reading this(lol)I'm only going to respond to #2(surprise, surprise)

I agree with Na about the whole "pressure" thing. You know who you are as well. I was happy to leave comments on all of your blogs! But nooooo, I was pressured to get my own and now I just can't keep up with all of you bloggers for reasons that I won't even state for fear they'll be commented on! LOL!

I love the whole blog idea and I do what I can so just be happy with what you get or don't check it! Ha, I'm off my soapbox now!