CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

babble

just some babble for today~

someone picked my ONLY two beefsteak tomatoes from my front yard! I've been waiting for them to be perfectly ripe, went to check them today & they are gone. :o( The girls are bummed, I told them we would use the tomatoes on our tacos this weekend. What kind of lame ass person steals tomatoes!?
got my carpets cleaned, discovered the carpet in the spare bedroom MUST be replaced! The cleaning just kind of "activated" the cat pee smell from the previous owners-nasty.

Dan is gone again, but will be home tonight. he somehow always manages to leave town when I have my mops steering team meetings....

Got an incredible, beautiful gift from a friend yesterday-I LOVE it!!!! Thanks again. :o)

No school this Thursday & Friday-kids at home, so that means lot's of fighting-whoopeee. No one will go to the zoo to get them out of the house with me either-loosers. LOL!

Started the amish friendship bread yesterday too. Can not wait for the yummy goodness!! Had to do something while my carpets were being cleaned & I was cornered in my kitchen all morning.

Did some more planning & organizing for scrapbooking Friday night at na's. Hoping to start & complete a little 8x8 calander. If it goes fast enough I can make them for our parents for Christmas this year.


was supposed to go to the pumpkin patch with preschool today, but Emma was up all night vomiting. :o( I did manage to get Ashlyn to school so she could go anyway, but I am bummed-it's my favorite field trip to go on, and I was supposed to drive. Emma is doing better this afternoon, but I was up EVERY hour all night last night so I am pretty much a zombie today.

because of my little all night party of vomiting I will not go to the mops meeting, take the kids to church, or go to cheer practice. I could actually put my jammies on right now, lol. I did fall asleep on the couch for a little while, making me about 30 minutes late picking up Ashlyn-oops! :op Good thing I pick her up during nap time, so its not a big deal.

Okay, that's the babble for today-Kori, I will be looking for your blog!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...
1. The tomatoes. That bites.
2. Poor little Emma...she has been hit with the unfortunate stick the last week or so! First a terrible rash and now throwing up.
3. I'm all for putting my PJ's on...how I wish my day was over and I could. Today has been exhausting and I'm quite done with it.
4. The zoo...give it a rest. We've been there, done that. How many times can one ooh and ahh over some penquins and moose??? Over it. Watch animal planet instead.
5. I was about ready to wonder what gift you got...and then, duh, I remembered!!! hee hee.
6. If you do indeed FINISH these calendars Friday night at My House of Gay Music (I have more "new" ones for you all to listen to!! Yippy!!) WILL YOU BE ALL CAUGHT UP??? That is the question.
7. Amish bread! You rock Ghetto Sister. I can hardly wait. I'm assuming I will get a baggy of some doughy goodness.
8. Oh, and some lovely lyrics to make you stand tall and proud...

THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND
words and music by Woody Guthrie

Chorus:
This land is your land, this land is my land
From California, to the New York Island
From the redwood forest, to the gulf stream waters
This land was made for you and me

As I was walking a ribbon of highway
I saw above me an endless skyway
I saw below me a golden valley
This land was made for you and me

Chorus

I've roamed and rambled and I've followed my footsteps
To the sparkling sands of her diamond deserts
And all around me a voice was sounding
This land was made for you and me

Chorus

The sun comes shining as I was strolling
The wheat fields waving and the dust clouds rolling
The fog was lifting a voice come chanting
This land was made for you and me

Chorus

As I was walkin' - I saw a sign there
And that sign said - no tress passin'
But on the other side .... it didn't say nothin!
Now that side was made for you and me!

Chorus

In the squares of the city - In the shadow of the steeple
Near the relief office - I see my people
And some are grumblin' and some are wonderin'
If this land's still made for you and me.

Chorus (2x)

Kori P. said...

I'm so sorry about the tomatoes but can I say that they are planted out front!!! You know the same front yard that people drive cars through!

Who would have known that having carpets cleaned would "activate" anything, so sorry.... that's what you get for trying to be clean!

Hope Emma feels better tomorrow and your not stuck in the house all day with a sick kid!