CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

a decision

Ok, I know you're just itching to hear more about the parole officer & all that fun, so here it is! I talked to hime again this afternoon, and he's been really helpful, answered all my questions, been great.

I told him today that my husband had misinformed me, and that the offender had not been at cheer camp, but was at the jamboree. He said it was still a violation of his probation terms, so he would get a writen statement from Dan & Kori to be able to present the judge (our names are kept private & we won't need to appear in court or anything).

The incident did hapen a little over 5 years ago, and he has basically complied with his parole terms so far, with minor violations here & there, like coming to watch the jamboree (where his son was playing). This is the only time he's been convicted of something like this, and the parole officer said that we can feel reasonably safe having Chloe continue with cheer. As long as we are in a public place & are in supervision of her at all times-which I am anyway. He said basically it should be fine, but I wouldn't let her go to their house or ride in their car. Anything like that should be totally out of the question (and it is). he will also be letting the football team coah know about the situation and let him know that the offender has to have a chaperone with him in order to be at practice-and it cannot be his wife since she's busy coaching.

I called my best friend back in Yakima, and we prayed about it together and I really feel much more at peace about letting Chloe continue. Granted, it will be with a lot of warnings for Chloe & extra caution on our part. If this man has truely been working to better himself, change his situation & follow his parole arrangements then I feel like he deserves a chance to turn himself around.

I am going to ask the coach if she is ok with me talking to their pastor at church as well, if he's really changing for the better I don't think she'll have a problem with it. If he's been playing games & not working on himself then I think she'll get very defensive & say no right away.

We'll see how it goes. Thanks for all your prayers while we try to navigate our way through this one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray on this situation as well...you know in your heart when you are doing the right thing...no matter what decision you make it will be the right one for you.

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Wow... more information is GOOD... isn't it?! That is awesome that the Parole Officer has been so supportive and helpful! I will pray as well...

Love your whole Bunch o'Beelers... know that we are praying!!!
~K~

Corinna said...

I think you are so smart to take the time to really look at the situation. I am sure you will make the right decision... my prayers are with you.

(((hugs to you)))

Anonymous said...

24-hours is clearly the limit on waiting for an update before the smak starts to rear its ugly-ass head. So, you are formally warned Ms. Purple-T...let's go...update already.